‘The Planning, Design and Reception of British Home Front Propaganda Posters of the Second World War’, University of Winchester, June 2004. (Passed without corrections). Conversion to a book in preparation (funding required!).
- WWII Poster calls for calm; now it stokes frenzy, feud by Henry Chu, LA Times (May 2013)
- The Art of War by Ulrich Goll (November 2012)
- BBC Radio 4: Laptop Library The Closure of Colindale
- BBC2 ‘Propaganda’ How We Won the War (programme didn’t run)
- UCB Media: Talking about #Kony2012
- UCB Media: The Power of Advertising
- Third Way Magazine: Icon of the Month
- Time Magazine (story didn’t run)
- BBC, ‘Keep Calm and Carry On’, The One Show, 29th March 2010. (This story didn’t run)
- BBC ‘The Keep Calm and Carry On Phenomenon’, Inside Out North East and Cumbria, 8th March 2010 (see also)
- Press Release, August 2009
- Rentoul, J. Blog on The Independent, July 25th, 2009
- Walker, R. ‘Remixed Messages‘, New York Times, July 5th, 2009, p.18
- Edge, S. ‘Sign of the Times‘, Daily Express, March 19th 2009, p.36
- Radio Interview, Passion for the Planet (Training Day), December 2008
- Hampshire Chronicle, 2005
- Venta Alumni Magazine , 2005
- News @ Winchester, 2005
- http://www.nationalarchives.gov.uk/artofwar (major content contributor)
A full portfolio is available at Digital Fingerprint.
- ‘Posters as Propaganda’ (with David Bownes), for ‘London Transport Posters: A Century of Art and Design’, edited by Oliver Green and David Bownes, commissioned by the London Transport Museum (Lund Humphries, October 2008)
- ‘Docs on the Box – TV Medical Dramas’, Chapter for ‘Playing God: Ethics and Technology in Medical Dramas‘ (Damaris Culturewatch, May 2006)
- “‘Careless Talk Costs Lives’: The Government’s Information Security Campaign on the Home Front”, in Everyone’s War: The Journal of the Second World War Experience Centre (No.15, Spring/Summer 2007)
- Keep Calm and Pray On, Transpositions (February 2012).
- Lucy Noakes Women and the British Army: War and the Gentle Sex 1907-1948 (2006), for Journal of Contemporary British History (March 2008)
- Wang, S., and Schwarz, W.H.E., “Icon of Chemistry: The Periodic System of Chemical Elements in the New Century”, in Angew. Chem. Int. Ed. 2009, 48, 2–14. See footnote 27.
- Aulich, J., War Posters: Weapons of Mass Communication, 2007 (Imperial War Museum/Thames & Hudson) as a ‘Useful Website’.
- Sladen, C., ‘Wartime Holidays and the ‘Myth of the Blitz” in Cultural and Social History (2005: 2). See p.224
- Sladen, C., ‘Don’t panic!’ in Oxford Magazine, No. 231, 4th Week, Michaelmas Term, 2004, See pp.3-4
- Sladen, C. ‘Holidays at Home in the Second World War’ in Journal of Contemporary History Vol. 37 Issue 01 (1 January 2002). See p.68