Having come across ‘The Art of War‘ at the National Archives (which they hadn’t realised was written by me), and then I guess coming across my website, I have just been in talks with them about being an expert for an episode on government propaganda (before they talk about black propaganda). I am anticipating talking about:
- The MOI and its production/planning of posters. What purpose they thought it would achieve.
- The artists who produced these posters, professionals, but civilians, encouraging people to partake in war.
- Digging around in my research for reference to competitions held in factories/schools re posts.
- Why were particular ‘famous faces’ chosen for some posters in The People’s War
- Stats which demonstrate any effectiveness of posters, or why this can’t be established!
Look out for more info…Tweet